Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hello from India

After a 10 to 11 hour plane ride I arrived in Delhi, India around 2:30 pm on Christmas day. Even from the sky (over 10,000 feet in the air) I could see the beauty of this area, check out the Himalayan Mountains!

I started the first day with going to the Qutub Minar. This was the first mosque built in India, and they built it on the same site as a Hindu temple. If you look closely you might see some of the Hindu details (carvings of their gods) in the details of the tower.

The second day was filled with history. I visited tombs, which were built to bury some of the emperors, an old fort where an emperor fell to his death, the "White House" of the Indian world and ate some amazing vegetarian food. The best part about the food (besides everything tasting so amazing) is that I get to eat most of it with my hands. With so much good food and history, I'm sure to get a good nights sleep.

Tomorrow I go to Agra to visit the Taj Mahal and then will visit the "Old City" of Delhi the following day. Stay tuned....

3 comments:

  1. Did you get to go inside the Taj Mahal? When I grow up I want to see the Taj Mahal too:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I went to see it yesterday and it was amazing. See my most recent post named " Delhi" to get more details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, thank you for the question! It's great to hear from my students. I hope you are enjoying the blog:)

    ReplyDelete